Faheem Khan Sedition Case: Police are taking strict action against the miscreants after the violence in Nagpur for burning effigies of Aurangzeb. Police had so far registered five FIRs regarding Nagpur violence, but now the cyber police have also registered four new FIRs on Thursday. One of these FIRs also contains allegations of treason.
In a recent FIR, Faheem Khan, president of the local unit of the Minority Democratic Party, and five others, were accused of treason. This FIR has been recorded regarding social media posts. The charge of treason comes under Section 152 (endangering India's sovereignty and spreading misinformation on social media) of the Indian Justice Code (Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita).
Faheem Khan told Mastermind
The police had earlier said that Faheem Khan is the mastermind of the violence in Nagpur. The police also released a video of him in which Khan was seen giving a provocative speech just before the violence. Meanwhile, the police have lifted curfew from some areas.
DCP (Cyber) Lohit Matani said that Faheem Khan edited a video of the protest against Aurangzeb's demand to remove the grave and posted on social media and through this, the stone pelting on the police was promoted.
It has to be told that Faheem Khan's name is also recorded in the first FIR related to violence. The police have arrested him and his electronic device has been confiscated. Regarding four new FIRs, DCP Matani said that the names of more than 50 social media profiles are recorded in them.
The mob molested women police constable during Nagpur violence
In which crime FIR was recorded?
The first FIR is against those who run social media accounts who shared videos of the protests protested against Aurangzeb's demand to remove the grave. The second FIR has been recorded against the video posts and shareholders that incite violence. The third FIR is against people who have shared videos related to violence while the fourth FIR has been recorded against social media accounts who glorified violence.
VHP, strictness on Bajrang Dal workers
Police have said that these FIRs also include social media accounts of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal workers, alleging that they were allegedly involved in inciting violence. DCP Matani also said that rumors were spread on social media and due to this violence erupted. Some social media accounts outside Nagpur also have a role in spreading the rumor.
Who is the mastermind of Nagpur violence, Faheem Khan?
The police have sent links to more than 230 social media accounts to Meta, X (X) and other social media platforms and asked them to remove some content related to Nagpur violence.
Nagpur Police Commissioner Ravindra Kumar Singal said that Faheem Khan is one of the main accused of Nagpur violence. Singal said, 'Khan was seen in some sensitive areas. We are investigating whether he was involved in a conspiracy. His old record is also being investigated.
More than 80 people in custody, 11 minors also involved
Singal said that in the case of violence, more than 80 people have been detained by the police so far and 11 minors are included. He said that no one has died in the violence yet and the injured are undergoing treatment.
Curfew exemption found in these areas
By 2 pm on Thursday afternoon, curfew was completely removed from some areas like Nandanvan and Kapil Nagar. At the same time, in Lakdangganj, Shantinagar and Imamwada, every day will be exempted to buy the necessary things from 2 pm to 4 pm. Police have said that curfew will continue till further orders in areas of Kotwali, Tehsil and Ganeshpeth.
Initial investigation has revealed that more than 60 vehicles were vandalized in the violence. Two cranes were set on fire during the violence, causing a loss of Rs 70 lakh to a construction company.