Ladki bahin yojana news: In Maharashtra, the names of 5 lakh women have been cut off from 'Ladki Bahin Yojana', after which the number of beneficiaries has decreased. The number of beneficiaries decreased from 2.46 crore in December 2024 to 2.41 crore last month. Now it is being discussed that the women whose names have been cut will be withdrawn from them? Meanwhile, the state's Women and Child Development Minister Aditi Tatkare has made it clear that the government has no intention to withdraw the amount from them.
According to the PTI report, between July and December last year, an amount of Rs 450 crore was transferred to the accounts of these women. Women and Child Development Minister Aditi Tatkare said, “The amount has not been taken back and the state government has no intention of doing so. Those who have been declared ineligible will not get further benefits, but it would not be appropriate to withdraw the amount already deposited. ''
Why 5 lakh women were considered disqualified?
An official of the Women and Child Development Department said on Sunday (February 9) that after finding out five lakh women disqualified for different reasons, the number of beneficiaries of Maharashtra Government's important Chief Minister Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana in December 2024 from 2.46 crore in December 2024 The last month has been reduced to 2.41 crores.
He also said that out of 5 lakh women who were considered ineligible, 1.5 lakhs were more than 65 years of age, while 1.6 lakhs had either four wheelers or they were beneficiaries of other government schemes like Namo Shetkari scheme.
Empowering women the target of Ladki Bahin Scheme
The official said, “About 2.3 lakh women were getting benefits under Sanjay Gandhi baseless scheme, which made them disqualified for the Ladki sister scheme.” Ladki Bahin Yojana was launched in July last year, which aims to empower women financially. The scheme was considered one of the important reasons for Mahayuti's spectacular victory in the November assembly elections held last year.
What is the eligibility for 'Ladki Bahin Yojana'?
Under this scheme in Maharashtra, women in the age group of 21-65 with annual family income less than Rs 2.5 lakh provide assistance of Rs 1500 every month. Other conditions of eligibility include not having a four wheeler car and no family member in government service.
In Maharashtra, BJP, Shiv Sena and NCP alliance won 230 seats in the 288 -member assembly. During the assembly election campaign, the leaders of Mahayuti promised to increase the monthly assistance from Rs 1500 to Rs 2100 under the Ladki Bahin scheme. However, the opposition was constantly attacked by the opposition regarding this scheme.
Also read:
Anna Hazare's big statement on AAP's defeat, 'Arvind Kejriwal has just mistake that …'